Phyllis is an "American Treasure."
She is a Lifetime Encouragement Specialist. She has
been called "Dr. Encouragement." Her personal
life experiences award her a degree surpassing any degree
because of the authenticity with which she lives her
Phyllis was raised in Lincoln, Nebraska.
Her family consisted of beloved Mom, Dad, Brothers Jim
and Don, dog Tippy, horse Champion, cats Tuffy and Tiger
and lambs Pam and Penny. The value of "trying"
versus "can't" as long as it didn't hurt her
or others was taught by her mother. This began Encouragement
Factor, a natural fit for her. Being the family, neighborhood
and school "Encouragement Cheerleader" as
a child, teenager and throughout life had and is a magnificent
blessing for her.
Having four terrific (not perfect)
children -- two boys and two girls -- is another blessing.
On October 6, 1975 crisis, trauma and tragedy occurred.
Phyllis' daughter Courtney Brook, then six months old,
died a completely unexpected death. This crisis turned
Phyllis' life upside down and inside out.
Encouragement Factor was, is and
will continue to be one of Phyllis' natural born strengths
as God is her solid rock, foundation and source
Each person is created with a unique
personality. Personalities are a vital aspect of each
person. With the discovery and value of who you are
and living a strengthful responsive life one is Encouraged
to live and be alive rather than only exist and survive.
Phyllis is a certified Grief Counselor,
Senior Advisor and Personality Coach. She is also an
Advanced Group Facilitator, Consultant, Speaker and
Phyllis' Professional Affliations
- Carondolet Management Institute/American Academy
- Certified Senior Advisor
- National Speaker Association, San Diego, CA
- Fallbrook Chamber of Commerce, Ambassador Chairperson
- Fallbrook Fire Safety Council
- National Association of Female Executives
- Fallbrook Citizens Crime Prevention/Neighborhood
Rehab Advisory Team
- Former Co-Trainer, Good Grief Crisis Intervention
Team, Department of Education, Riverside, CA
Phyllis has been and is a Professional Volunteer. Her
past affiliations include:
- PTA President, Fallbrook La Paloma, Fallbrook Maie
Ellis, Fallbrook Potter Jr. High School
- President for two church women's groups
- Fallbrook Youth Baseball
- Fallbrook Soccer League Board Member and Coach
- Fallbrook Boy's and Girl's Club, Girl's Basketball
- Fallbrook Pop Warner, Cheer Coach